Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a safe and painless diagnostic tool that uses a strong magnetic field and radio waves to produce detailed images of the body. It does not use ionizing radiation, which is the type of radiation used in X-rays that can be harmful to the body.
There are some potential risks associated with MRI, although they are rare. These risks include:
- Dizziness, anxiety, or claustrophobia: Some people may feel dizzy, anxious, or claustrophobic during an MRI because they are in a confined space for an extended period of time. It is important to let the technologist, know if you feel anxious or claustrophobic so they can take steps to help you feel more comfortable.
- Burns: Rarely, some people may develop skin burns from the interaction of the MRI machine’s strong magnetic field and metallic implants or devices in their body, such as pacemakers or aneurysm clips. It is important to tell the technologist if you have any implants or devices in your body before the MRI.
- Interference with other devices: The strong magnetic field of the MRI machine can interfere with certain electronic devices, such as hearing aids and pacemakers. It is important to remove these devices before the MRI.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to the contrast material used in MRI. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include rash, itching, hives, and difficulty breathing. It is important to tell the technologist if you have any allergies before the MRI.
Overall, MRI is generally a safe and effective diagnostic tool. However, it is important to discuss any potential risks and concerns with your doctor and the technologist before the procedure.
Call us for More Information at 8699572634
Read More articles at www.mrichandigarh.com